Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Lots has been happening in the hockey world and we'll get to them in a bit. First off, this Thursday is Turkey day (gobble gobble) and I'll be traveling back to NY to see my grandparents and co. As I work in retail, I'll be trekking back home while in my Turkey coma to get sleep for anyone who can justify sleeping outside my workplace for some "deal" that's just not that great. I'm not jealous (I've been asked at the register if I was one year since I looked miserable per a customer) and I am miserable, but believe me I'm far from jealous. I'm miserable because you ruined my holiday and forced me to wake up at the crack of dawn to deal with you. And I will continue to be miserable and uncaring towards you since my company throws out all complaints logged on Black Friday. You think your getting the deal of year, but really I am. Hehehe. Secondly, I am moving (yay) and have been packing and cleaning and have lots more to go. I'm being brutal (or attempting to) in my cleaning and packing and this is taking up majority of my time.

Onto hockey.

Sidney Crosby has been cleared for his first game. Oddly enough, I think this was the last of the easy steps. If you thought the media was all over him in the 10 months he hasn't played, they are just getting warmed up. No goal or assist tomorrow night and someone will question if he still IT. If he can still be THE best, but lets remember he's a human being not a robot (although you do sometimes wonder about that). He'll see probably 10-20 mins of ice time and they will tear him down as much as they've been building up his return. I almost want him to just pick up where he left off to just stick it to everyone. They also don't have a game Tuesday so that gives him a day off immediately and a chance to confer with his conference of doctors on how he's feeling. Have I ever said that this is going to be the new unofficial protocol for how teams handle concussions because it totally is.

Crosby and Malkin and Staal make up what is called the three-headed monster of centers in the league. The three-head monster of centers will be taking on the three-head goalie rotation of the Islanders. It can only be considered a monster if you look at their injury records. No team has ever been able to legitimately carry 3 goalies without being looked at like a nut, but technically they are a 4 goalie team now. The Islanders had to recall a goalie from the AHL since Rick DiPietro is the lone man standing (and we know he can't stand up for that long). Evgeni Nabokov is on the IR and Al Montoya is considered unfit to play. Do they have the Mary Poppins bag of goalies? 4 are currently on their NHL roster that has a 23 man limit. You do the math on that one!!

Puck Daddy had a headline the other day that read "Jeff Cater, Rick Nash still going down on the Columbus Titanic". You can read the story if you want to, but honestly the headline says it all. (And it's possibly the best headline in forever)

The Dallas Stars are quietly tearing up the Western Conference and got themselves an owner. Congrats kids. An owner is always helpful and he seems willing to spend some dough.

The Coyotes may not be the desert dogs next season since the NHL is holding firm that this season is the last they plan on owning the team, but Twitter superstar Paul Bissonnette scored his first NHL goal last night, and his mom was there to witness the event. Twitter star that he is, he took to his account following the game to thank everyone who kept him on their fantasy hockey team. And this is why he's a superstar. He keeps it all on perspective. The Coyotes are also holding firm on Kyle Turris and his sign or sit date of December 1. Turris might be calling Europe home soon.

Bryz gave his goalie stick to an 8 year old Winnipeg boy after warm ups and of course logic dictates he sits this game. So the fans that came to boo him, booed him while on the bench. Ouch. Even worse, the Jets won over the Flyers. Guess the lack of parks in Winnipeg means the Jets practice and ensure they play when they need to shut people up.

Back to some more cleaning and prepping for the Giants-Eagles showdown that will be taking place in my living room. I'm a Giants fan and my roommate is an Eagles fan. Should be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment