Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I need more time in a day....

I haven't completely forgotten about the blog, but I've had a busy past week. This week is looking much better so check back soon! As the hockey season is winding down to 2 teams, I will start this off by looking back at some parts of this past season. From 24/7 to a horrible TV deal (in my opinion) to concussion gate and relocation possibilities there's lots to reflect on. We could even make up our own awards show since I for one can't go to Vegas for the real one. Plus we could have more fun categories like Best Goalie Fight (step up Brent Johnson), Best Use of F-Bombs (Bruce Boudreau, it's all you all the f'ing time) and Best Use of an AHL team when your starting lineup is partying on the IR together (it's all you Penguins).

Speaking of relocation if this Thrasher to Winnipeg move happens, do you really think people, outside of the players making at least a six-figure paycheck really want to move there? We already heard from Ilya Bryzgalov and his love for parks and sunshine. I guess those rumors of Russia having brutal winters were all a lie?! If you paid me that much money, I'd move to Winnipeg. Think that the possibly to be reformed Jets or whatever they shall be named need someone to work for them in PR/Writing/Ops/Jack-of-All-Trades type person? Hiiiiii call me!

Next post will be some fun topic about the season that was. I really like the idea of venting about Versus and NBC's enormous ego to be honest, but with Winnipeg looming who knows.

Side note- I want to move to Arizona. They were selling season tickets for $10 a seat and you got to go in and look at them. Umm what? I know it's partially because the league owns the team this type of wackiness can happen, but a Baby Pens ticket can run you almost double for a game and they are AHL. That's pretty awesome and I hope the residents in the area of Glendale actually take advantage of it to show they want and truly support the team. Next step is getting them an owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment